Run 4 Everett

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hot Days are Here Again!

We hit a record high yesterday as far as temps go here. Yay for us. (note the sarcasm) 95 degrees was a wee bit too warm for my liking. Not to mention the humidity was horrible to match. I'm thinking we need to move somewhere other than here to enjoy more even keeled temps. It gets so cold, windy, and snowy in the winter and then we get to experience polar opposites in the summer. I think the humidity is the worst of all. I can say that having experienced heat, without the humidity. My parents live in the mountains in Arizona and enjoy nice weather most of the year. Whenever we go out to visit, I NEVER experience a bad hair day. Which is no small feat for me considering my natural curly/wavy/unruly hair. There just isn't any humidity out there. It's so weird. We do find ourselves sucking down bottles of water and applying massive quantities of lotion to our skin during our visits. So I guess it's a trade off. Oh yeah, and they have a small water table problem. But did I mention I always have a good hair day out there?

As the temps have been soaring this week, I've been taking Lilli to the pool to swim, which has been a nice, welcome relief from the temperatures. I have a feeling it's going to be a really hot and humid summer, mostly because it's always a hot and humid summer. So many more visits to the pool there will be! That's much better than being cooped up in the house. The longer I get stuck in the house, the more likely I am for depression to set in, and while it's always there in the background, I do a pretty good job keeping it at bay, as long as I'm busy.

With all the heat in the air, it feels more like August around here then June. Before you know it, before I know it, Run 4 Everett will be here. I can't believe it's just 2 1/2 months away. We are really looking forward to this event and promise to have a lot of cold water, power aide, etc. for our participants!

~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment