Run 4 Everett

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

R4E 2012

We are well on our way to planning and organizing the 2nd annual Run 4 Everett, set to take place Saturday August 25, 2012. Honestly, we weren't sure if we were going to be able to do it this year, with a new baby on the way. We made the decision to go forward and I think it helped that we've had several family's contact us asking us when this years event would be. It's not just about Everett, it's about honoring all our stillborn babies gone way too soon. It's about giving a voice to parents and thier children they can no longer hold in their arms and celebrating those lives, no matter how short of a peroid they were in ours. All these babies matter so much to so many people.

This gave us a renewed hope to dive in with both feet and just start doing the work. It's working out pretty well so far. We've enlisted a committee and already have many folks on board to volunteer at this years event. We will have a new race course that will be very well marked and defined for all runners participating. We have a new, open location (within the park) with better parking options. We are lining up the entertainment for this years event as well, which I think added a lot to the festive atmosphere last year. The band, That's What She Said, will be performing again and MCing this years event. We are very excited about that! I know how much work last years event was and I would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm a little freaked out by what the future might hold. The bottom line is that we are striving to make this years event better and I feel very strongly we will accomplish that.

Registration will be up and running sometime in March. We are working on the details of that right now and working to secure sponsors for this years event. We are hoping to obtain a big title sponsor to this years event, as soon as that happens, we will be posting the info with joy

I have my induction date set for the middle of next month and it can not get here soon enough. Not because I am uncomfortable or feeling miserable, but because I cannot wait to hold this little girl, safely in my arms. I've never looked at a pregnancy so differently before. I vowed to never complain about any of the trivial aches and pains that go along with carrying a life inside of you, and I've kept to that vow. The main thing that has had me freaked out during this pregnancy was her lack of consistent movement, and that issue has mostly gone away, thank goodness. This little girl is so loved and Lilli has already vowed to tell her little sister all about their "brother in the sky". I can't wait for warm summer nights to get here as Lilli likes to go outside before bed and say goodnight to Everett and Everett's star in the sky. I'm sure she'll teach her sister to do the same. She's informed me of many things she's going to be teaching her sister. Our newest addition will also be taught about the brother that came before her and how special she, Lilli, and Everett are in Dave's and my life.


~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment