Run 4 Everett

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Breathtaking beauty

I came across a blog a couple of weeks ago, namesinthesand.blogspot.com, and was taken back by the beauty of the images I saw and the beauty of the woman behind them. This blog is specifically for bereaved parents who have lost a child, most are infants/babies. Carly, the woman behind the blog who also lost her son Christian to stillbirth 4 years ago, writes names of children in the sand at sunset on a beautiful beach in Australia, half a world away from here. I submitted a name request to have Everett's name written on the beach and was on the wait-list for a very short period of time. Over the weekend she posted the photo of our beautiful boy's name written in the sand overlooking a stunning Aussie sunset! For a small donation fee Carly will email you the image of your child's name without the watermark in a high resolution file. We opted to do that and plan to have it printed on canvas as it is a beautiful piece of art.

It means so much to me, and other bereaved parents, to see my/their child's name in writing or to have it spoken. I think it helps me know that Everett lives on, even if it's in memory. My nephews who never got to meet him or hold him will tell their mom from time to time that they miss him. They were anticipating a crazy little boy to join them in their shinanagins. Another cousin to love and play with. At 8 and 5 years of age, they feel the grief and emptiness of not having him here when he was supposed to be.

Since Everett died, I have seen so many examples of beautiful human spirits. You see, for a little over the last seven months I unwillingly joined a club that I will belong to for the rest of my life; I am a baby loss mom. I have met many other beautiful baby loss moms who's spirits are amazing and uplifting and it helps me put one foot in front of the other each day and know that life will eventually get easier. I have so many new friends, that had it not been for Everett, I would have never gotten the opportunity to meet. They have helped renew my faith in the human spirit and let me know all the time that I am not alone. I thank each and every one of them for that.

~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment